DRI: 300 mg/day
Toxic level: 350 mg/day
LRNI: 190 mg/day
It is absorbed in small intestine & colon & is transported to liver for further metabolism.
- essential to good health
- In our bones we have around 50% of total body magnesium
- Magnesium is needed for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body.
- Regulate blood sugar level
- Keeps bones strong
- There is one really interesting role of magnesium to manage disorders such as hypertension, disease, and diabetes
- There are functions like: bone function, nerve and muscle relaxation and others